Why Is Incineration Bad?
- Incineration is the most expensive and polluting way to make energy or to manage waste.
- Incineration produces the fewest jobs compared to reuse, recycling and composting the same materials.
- It is the dirtiest way to manage waste – far more polluting than landfills.
- Incineration is also the dirtiest way to produce energy – far more polluting than coal burning.
- According to the waste industry itself, incineration has always been more expensive than landfilling.
Click to learn more about trash incineration (so-called “waste-to-energy” or “trash to steam”).